Hover to pause, click blue links...
Contents / "Site Map"
- next Zoom
- Index of Resources
- Acquired recently
- How to use our Index
- Where to find things in the Help Centre
- Why do we have Ref-IDs?
- Index AV abbreviations
- Our Ordnance Survey 25"/etc maps
- Pen and Sword Publications at Leiston Library (download)
- PSIAH: Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute for Archaeology & History
- Snape Archive
- Free websites for Family Historians
- Alde Valley history-related news
- Rolls of Honour of the Alde Valley (WWI and WW2)
- Suffolk Archives (formerly SRO/Suffolk Record Office)
- An archivist's amazing day
- Burial Grounds transcriptions by Suffolk East WI, 1981
- Lowestoft RO > LADIA independent archive
- Suffolk county and local links
- British Assoc. for Local History (Suffolk)
- Family etc. History Groups
- Museums, Press and major Churches
- SLHC: Suffolk Local History Council
- Suffolk Parish Workhouses List
- Suffolk Roll of Honour, 1914-18
- nationwide links
- British Assoc. for Local History
- Chapman 3-letter codes
- Development of Chapman codes
- FHF: Family History Federation
- General Register Office history
- History of UK Registration/ Censuses, and Social/FH data
- National Archives
- Significant dates for family records
- Support our Friends & Advertisers!
- Zeppelin L48, Theberton 1917
- useful, non-local information
- Chapman codes
- Events affecting Church Records
- Gravestone cleaning tips
- How to date photographs
- Land Registry Title Numbers
- Parish Registers
- Pronunciation of some surnames
- Shipping passenger lists, etc.
- for Newsletters
- Bank details
- FHF's Surname Search page
- Possible Match of Interests
- local people
- Videos & podcasts
- Virtual Visit
- Dec.2020: Aldringham Fens Heritage Project appeal for information
- Open Day 2019
- Fisherfolk and Lifeboat Men
- Open Day 2018
- Open Day 2017
- Open Day 2016
- In Flanders Fields
- Leiston Abbey 2015
- Open Day March 2015
- Open Day January 2014
- Open Day October 2013
- Open Day January 2013
- Aldringham Baptist Chapel Survey
- Open Day 2012
- Flanders 2011
- St Mary's Benhall MI's 2010
- Constitution - Rules
- Asset Register
- Cecil Lay 1964 Anglia TV documentary
- Pen & Sword website
Saxmundham in the '50's ...
Click below if you want to …
|… have details of
our next talk.
|… join or renew
|… know our bank
As is the standard on many websites, all blue text can be "clicked" on or tapped
to follow a link; also, here any blue-bordered images act in the same way.
Otherwise (as above) images may have an invitation nearby to click on them.
Examples of all three conventions appear on this page.
Our primary aim is to promote interest in family history, with particular focus on East Suffolk. We cater for anyone who has links with our beautiful county, whether living here or through more historic ancestral connections.
We offer our members a range of services, including monthly talks on a diverse range of topics, assistance with their personal research, access to a growing collection of archive material and an informative quarterly newsletter.
Read all about us, and what we do, here ...
We can help with your local family history research here ...
AVSFHG is a member of the Family History Federation (ex-FFHS) and Suffolk Local History Council.
Our respective Contacts within our Committee are listed on our «Contact Us» webpage.
The (US) Board for Certification of Genealogists states that, to reach a sound conclusion,
To save us both time, please be aware that we ignore unsolicited requests from